Author: Admin GBC
Grace and peace.
- The elders have a retreat planned for Saturday, August 8th. These retreats provide us with an extended time for prayer, project work, forwarding thinking, and assessment. Please pray for us as we prepare and please pray that our time will be profitable for the building up of GBC.
- Please continue to pray for the ministry of prayer in our church. We are utterly dependent on the Lord. We demonstrate our need for God, experience intimacy with him, and lay hold of his will for our lives by availing ourselves to prayer. I am convinced that Gresham Bible Church will be as fruitful as we are faithful in prayer.
Grace and peace.
- Please continue to pray for the Lord’s help regarding our desire to see prayer become a central part of the life of Gresham Bible Church. We long to experience God’s power and his presence through prayer. Ask the Lord to humble us and to impress upon us our deep need for him.
- Please pray for open doors for the gospel. Pray that the Lord would use our ministry to bring sinners to salvation. And pray for boldness to speak the gospel.
“Look at the Book” conference with John Piper
I am very excited about an upcoming conference being hosted by Desiring God Ministries and Good Shepherd Community Church. This “Look at the Book” conference is exactly what it sounds like. It is a conference geared toward getting people into God’s word. Bible interpretation can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be.
Grace and peace. Lord willing, this coming Sunday we will continue our study in 2 Corinthians. Our text is 11:1-12:13. Please read the passage, pray for our gathering, and come ready to worship. (Lyrics)
Prayer Book Study
Last night we launched our study in Tim Keller’s book, “Prayer: Experiencing Awe and Intimacy with God.” We had a great time talking and praying together. It’s not too late to participate! Once more, here is the reading schedule and dates and times for our meetings.
- Part 2: July 22nd
- Part 3: August 5th
- Part 4: August 19th
- Part 5: September 2nd
This prayer requests section is now a permanent part of our weekly updates. Under this heading the elders will be sharing matters of prayer concerning the life of the church and ministries in the church.
- Please pray for the steering committee regarding our search for a student ministries leader. Pray for wisdom and discernment. Pray for God’s man.
- We seek your prayers for our current study on the subject of prayer. Our desire is to see prayer become a central part of the life of GBC. We believe the Lord has already begun this work. May he cause his purposes to abound through us!
Please mark your calendars for the annual Joint Outdoor Service with Cornerstone Church.
2nd Quarter Financial Report
Here is a link to our most recent financial report. Once again I am overflowing with gratitude because of your generous support of Gresham Bible Church. We praise God for his abundant provision through your sacrificial giving.
A great opportunity to serve is coming up for GBC. The neighborhood (Assert) surrounding Dexter McCarty is having their annual BBQ and they need volunteer help. The picnic is Tuesday, Aug 4th at East Gresham Grade School from 5:30-7:00. They could use help serving, monitoring the food line, etc. This is an event for the whole neighborhood with free food (hot dogs, etc.) and music, plus visits from police and fire personnel. Three or four volunteers would be great. You could contact Pete for more info at email@example.com.
Attention GBC ladies! (from Angie Stump)
Here’s an awesome opportunity to meet some new women, hang out with those you know and love and worship Jesus together! Please try to come if you can to this amazing night! Here are the details:
Bring a snack to share and a heart open for a sweet time of worship and praise. *This will be a very casual night and we will be outdoors so bring an outdoor chair!
When: NEXT TUES July 14th from 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Where: Summer Hermann’s house – 345 4th street Fairview, Or 97024
Contact Summer (firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-
The Lord be with you.
Just a brief update for you this week…
Many thanks to everyone who helped make our church picnic a huge success. It was epic! The extended time of fellowship was sweet and all of our kids had a blast. I’m already looking forward to next year.
If you missed our gathering on this week, I encourage you to listen to Sunday’s message on 2 Corinthians 10. In the sermon I addressed ways that we can think, pray, and respond to the Supreme Court’s decision on same-sex unions. And if you have questions, please send them our way. Also, here is a link to GBC’s position paper on “Marriage and Homosexuality.”
We want your input! We have created a form that invites your share your feedback and ideas about ministry and church life with the elders. Please tell us what helpful input you’ve kept bottled up. We value your thoughts and opinions.
Lord willing, this coming Sunday, our brother Dave Berry will preach Psalm 136. Please read over the passage and pray for our gathering. Here are the lyrics for the songs we’ll be singing during our service