Update Email 4.13.2017
I am still riding high from our 10 year celebration. Thank you to all who worked hard to make Sunday a special day. We hope to have a link to the videos from Sunday’s service in next week’s update.
Here is how you can pray for GBC and our work in the world
- As many of you are aware, Christians in Egypt continue to suffer severe persecution. Please pray that their recent trials and the ongoing threats that they face will not overwhelm them. Pray for their perseverance. Pray for their witness of Christ in the midst of suffering. And pray that the Lord will guard their hearts and minds as they fix their gaze on Jesus.
Here is what’s happening in the life of the church
- Easter Service: I am looking forward to worshiping the risen Lord with you this coming Sunday. Along with rejoicing in the Savior, Resurrection Sunday is a great evangelistic opportunity. Pray for unbelievers and invite someone new to church.
- Media and Sound Service Opportunity: The Media and Sound Teams are looking for help. The Media Team is responsible for running the slides/video during Sunday morning services. The Sound Team is responsible for set up, tear down, and mixing the overall sound and recording on Sunday mornings. It’s a big (and important) behind-the-scenes job, which is why we could use some more help. Although desirable, no previous experience needed. Training will be provided. Members of both teams serve on approximately a once a month rotation (after training). If interested, please contact email@example.com
- Prayer ConneXion: I wanted to make you aware of a wonderful conference on prayer. Prayer ConneXion, June 2nd and 3rd, will be at Central Bible Church. Click Here for details.
- Mexico Missions Trip Recap: The Kassings recently returned from their spring break missions trip to Mexico. Attached you’ll find a recap of their trip.
- Pilot Ministry/Friendship Corner (from the Raus): Friendship Corner is organized by International Students, inc. http://www.isionline.org. Please contact Dave (503-927-9462) or Beth (971-570-4203) if you are interested or have questions. There is a need for more families get involved. It is a very informal gathering and welcoming of children. Friendship Corner is every other Saturday night at Wood Village Baptist Church. It’s dinner, then a game, praise songs, a speaker, and then discussion time. Each family is matched with an apartment of 4 guys to have as their friendship family. Basically, you show them hospitality while they are studying in the United States. They are typically here for 18 months. There is definitely fruit in this outreach! We just heard of a couple of guys this last week who accepted Christ! There is a video for training, and the next Friendship Corner is this Saturday at 6pm.
- GBC 101: Our next GBC 101 class is Thursday, April 27th. Let me know if you’re planning to attend.
- Fred Meyer Rewards: Once again I wanted to let you know that GBC is now a recipient for Fred Meyer Rewards. See attachment below to find out how to participate.
Our Upcoming Gathering
Lord willing, Dave Berry will lead our service, Marc will lead us in singing and I will preach John 2:13-22. Please pray for our gathering, read over the text and come ready to worship.